Market Vendors Wanted: Games, Toys, Playful Art
Do you sell games, toys or create interactive and playful art?
On 25th September 2021, Waltham Forest will be hosting a games market in Walthamstow Town Square and we are looking for vendors.
The games market will include:
- Local food vendors
- Drop-in events and performances from artists
- 15-20 stalls for vendors including game designers, publishers, and toymakers who are selling games, toys, interactive art and other playful works
We will be promoting this event as one of the main strands of a new festival, and expect it to be well attended while ensuring that visitors can comply with social distancing advice.
We’re keen to include a wide range of vendors, aimed at younger and at adult audiences, selling work that involves play, games and interaction.
Have you created a board game that you would like to run sessions for and sell? Maybe you make toys, playful zines or prints or sell beautiful dot-to-dot and colouring-in books. Do you make your own dice, recreate historical board games, or knit videogame characters?
If you think your products might fit and you’d be interested in having a stall,
complete the form here
About the Event
The market will run from around 12 noon to 8:30 pm (exact times TBC), and we expect to attract a more family-based audience during the afternoon, and an older audience in the evening.
The event will take place outdoors, and will be managed in accordance with the latest government Covid-19 safety guidelines.
Stalls will be provided with:
- A gazebo
- A trestle table and chairs
- Some set dressing to give a sense of unity to the event (eg tablecloths, decorations)
There is no power available to the stalls, and as it’s taking place outdoors, so, for example a card game demo might be difficult in windy weather.
Stall-holders will be asked to:
- Pay a fully refundable deposit of £50
- Commit to being set up by opening time and present throughout the market’s running time
- Manage their own sales
- It’s fine to share a stall with someone else - just include both of your details on the application
- Your deposit will be returned following the event unless you do not attend
- We will refund your deposit if you are unable to attend because you have been directed to isolate or have Covid symptoms and inform us before the event begins.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org